In partnership with Bradford Producing Hub, Leeds 2023 is delighted to announce a small number of free places on the Get it Done producer training programme for Leeds based up-and-coming producers.
- Monthly workshops run by producers and experts already working successfully in the arts
- Trips to events and projects with all your costs covered
- Opportunities to meet exciting local artists who you might want to work with
- Individual mentoring and support to help you progress in your career
How long is the programme?
This is a 15 month training programme, starting July 2020 and finishing September 2021
Who is it for?
This training is primarily for those aged 18 years and over who want to have a career that includes producing live performance.
You might be:
- Already working as an independent producer/ assistant producer with some experience but not loads (some people call this ‘emerging’ – but we don’t like labels!)
- Working in a different area or role in the arts but think you might like to be a producer in future
- Someone who is just starting their career, or hasn’t worked in the arts before, but thinks that producing might be for you
What will the training cover?
The programme will cover lots of important areas that producers work in and things they do – the planned sessions are:
- Introduction to producing new work
- Building relationships with artists
- Diversity in Creative Teams
- Finding partners and booking a tour
- Project management and looking after budgets
- Writing funding applications to Arts Council England
- Audience development and marketing
- Making work outdoors and in non-traditional spaces
- Introduction to crowdfunding and other fundraising
- Making your work accessible
- Successful evaluation and creating a longterm development plan
How to apply:
To apply for one of the positions, please download and fill out the short form and return by email to Ben Rothera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can also be submitted in audio or video format, please email the file to email@example.com
Deadline Wednesday 1 July at 5pm
We are particularly interested in emerging producers from communities currently under-represented in the arts and will support any additional access needs where necessary.
Find out more
This training is being run by Bradford Producing Hub – you can find out more on their website at bdproducinghub.co.uk or in the ‘everything you need to know’ document in the link below.
Additionally, on Tuesday 23rd June 2020 at 5pm you can join an online Zoom session where we will answer all your questions about the programme email firstname.lastname@example.org to signup.