Leeds 2023 is an international cultural festival which will harness the energy, creativity and ambition of the Leeds bid to be European Capital of Culture in 2023. It will celebrate the city’s cultural life and bring the best global arts here to Leeds.
Leeds Culture Trust has been established to create a five-year, £35 million cultural investment programme to culminate in our year of celebration in 2023.
The Trust will engage the cultural capacity of the whole city to develop stunning events and large-scale participation for the festival. The Trust’s work will leave a lasting legacy for the city, create a step change in awareness of Leeds’ thriving and rich cultural scene, further our citizens’ pride in the city, and deepen and develop our international cultural relationships and profile.
Leeds Culture Trust is now seeking an exceptional, visionary and dynamic Chair, who will help us drive this ambition forward, delivering on our ambition to transform how Leeds is perceived across the region, nation and the world and how its citizens engage with, and perceive, arts and culture.
As a confident leader you will be able to articulate our vision to a wide range of audiences and stakeholders. You will help the Trust to achieve and exceed its role, building inspiring and lasting partnerships in the public, private and third sectors.
As Chair of Leeds Culture Trust you will have:
- A passion for Leeds
- An impressive track record as a leader in business, public or not for profit sectors
- Inspiring communication skills
- A commitment to the role of arts and culture
- An enviable network of regional and national senior-level influencers, and a willingness to use them to achieve our ambition
- An effective approach to chairing
- A desire to shape future creative opportunities to leave a lasting legacy
For more details download the full application pack.
Image: Light Night Leeds 2017, Lizzie Coombes